Monday, January 26, 2009
Ok so when I find something new that's good and easy to make, i think all my friends should know how to make it too so here you are:)
* 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
* 1 1/4 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
* 1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
* 1 (14.25 ounce) can tomato puree
(I didn't use the tomato puree because it was for sandwiches. I also added pizza seasoning and some crushed red peppers and a extra clove of garlic. I baked the meatballs for 20 mins at 350 so they would keep their shape. It wont take as long to cook in the crock pot either.) Enjoy!
1. In a bowl, mix the ground beef, bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, onion, and egg. Shape the mixture into 16 meatballs.
2. In a slow cooker, mix the spaghetti sauce, crushed tomatoes, and tomato puree. Place the meatballs into the sauce mixture. Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.