Monday, March 16, 2009

Saying goodbye






For those that don't know, I drove down with Rachel down to LA for Clarks funeral. I am so glad that I went! We had a good time being there to support the family. My heart hurts that he is gone. It seems like there is so much to him that I never got to know. I haven't seen Clark since Tiffany's wedding which was 4 years ago in July. To me he was still a little boy, that never grew up. The cutest boy you ever know. He was one of those kids you would want to grab and give a hug and just squeeze him, or walk by him and just want to rub his head every time you walked by him. He was a little brother, that had a heart of gold. Would do anything for anyone! Someone who LOVED history with a passion. He would read books upon books from the Civil war. Boring books such as names of generals, books that no one would ever want to read. He loved politics, and he liked to listen to talk radio a lot. He loved Dr. Pepper. He loved his family, and looked up to them so much. He was his brothers little shadow.

I laughed and cried with every single speech that was said. Clark was one funny guy. So many good story's were told about Clark. I don't think anyone who met Clark could ever forget him. He left something with everyone he knew. He never complained once about having to go through what he did. He fought a good fight, believing that he would truly be healed, a long with everyone else who was praying for him. We don't know why he is gone, and only God can answer this. But we know there is a reason, and someday we will see him again! What a day that will be :) Clark has inspired me to be a better person, and to not complain about this little things in life, because in the long it doesn't matter. He will be greatly missed by many!

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. But I love how everyone is smiling so big in all those pictures... That shows that his was a life worth celebrating and his family seems really glad that he is no longer suffering. Like you said, no one knows why he had to leave so early, but there is a reason...

    ReplyDelete